WOMEX is an international networking platform for the world music industry. The annual five-day event comprises a bustling trade fair, showcase festival, conference, and film program, as well as a festive opening and award ceremonies. This years edition of WOMEX will take place in Santiago de Compostela, Galicia, Spain, from Wednesday 19th to Sunday 23rd of October, 2016.
WOMEX is the most important international professional market of world music of every kind. This international fair brings together professionals from the worlds of folk, roots, ethnic and traditional music and also includes concerts, conferences and documentary films. It contributes to networking as an effective means of promoting music and culture of all kinds across frontiers. This year´s WOMEX takes place in Santiago De Compostela. The concerts during the night will take across the entire city of Santiago De Compostela, but all in walking distance to each other.
The day venue for the trade fair and conferences is the Cidade da Cultura. You’ll find the Austrian pavilion at booth # 1.21-1.28., where you can take part in the highly praised “Alpine Cocktail” on Thursday 20th, 4pm.
Read more about World Music in Austria and download the AME World Music 2016-2017 brochure: Download PDF English (12MB)
Austrian companies at WOMEX 2016
- Emap.FM – Internet Radio For World Wide Ethno Music & Reports | Emil H. Lubej, Lukas Handle
- Georg Leitner Productions – GLP | Walter Laurer, Michael Genrich, Isabelle Messner
- Jeunesse Musicales Austria | Antonia Grüner
- Austrian Music Export / mica-music austria | Helge Hinteregger
- NÖ Festival- und Kino GmbH | Jo Aichinger
- ORF Radio Austria / Glatt & Verkehrt Festival | Albert Hosp
- ORF Radiokulturhaus / IG World Music Austria | Martina Laab
- Triart | Anne Hofstadler
- Amir Wahba | Amir Wahba
- Wiener Konzerthaus | Amanda Rotter
- v.i.d.c. – Kulturen in Bewegung | Horst Watzl
- Sakina Teyna | Songül Beyazgül
- Golnar Shahyar | Golnar Shahyar
- art.e.m. | Birgit Bogner
- IG World Music Austria | Katrin Pröll