After a mission to Switzerland in the spring and a songwriting camp in September, the Austrian Music Export pilot project Building Bridges is preparing for its next chapter: a coaching and mentoring program with industry experts. Applications are now open to Austrian labels, music publishing, and management agencies, as well as to self-marketing artists!
Building Bridges is an Austrian Music Export pilot project made possible with financial support from the producers’ department of the LSG and the Film and Music Business Association. Its purpose is to organize and facilitate international exchange, primarily for the people “behind” the artists – labels, publishing, and management.
The coaching and mentoring program will pair Austrian music professionals with a concrete plan to position an Austrian artist on the Germany market with experts from Germany with record industry experience and contacts. The program will begin in December 2023 and end in late April 2024.
The exact nature of the cooperation depends entirely on the participants, who will decide for themselves when, how, and how often they will meet. A minimum of three online meetings and a final, face-to-face meeting in Berlin are mandatory.
Who are the coaches?
Austrian Music Export is proud to announce that the following experts are confirmed for the program:
- Anne Haffmanns – label manager, Domino Recording
- Stephan Rath – Soulsville Management (Tocotronic, Jungstötter / Buback)
- Mareike Hettler – Grönland Records
A number of other professionals from various genres have been contacted regarding their participation; the final roster will be selected according to the chosen applications.
The program is open to Austrian labels in all genres, music publishing companies, and management agencies dealing primarily with Austrian artists; self-marketing artists from Austria are also welcome to apply. Please note: the program is not designed for beginners, but for music professionals with at least some experience with cross-border music marketing.
Applications should consist of a brief (max. 1 page) letter of motivation, including:
- your wishes/expectations for participation
- the area in which you work
- your previous experience on the German market, and
- your current goals
If you have a specific coach or mentor in mind, please include their name or describe the experience they should have. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2023 at the latest – so don’t wait; apply now!
- Due to the limited number of participants, only one person per company or agency can apply.
- Participants will be selected by Austrian Music Export; all applicants will receive an answer by December 1, 2023.
- By applying, you agree that you are willing and able to travel to the final event in late April 2024 in Berlin, including a personal meeting with your coach/mentor. The exact date is to be determined, but it will not conflict with the c/o pop festival.
- Travel and accommodation costs for the trip to Berlin will be covered by Austrian Music Export.
For further information or questions, please contact:
+43 (1) 710 6000