Musiktheatertage Wien and Austrian Music Export invite international producers to a Producers´ Meeting taking place at Werk X on June 16, 2018. Ten productions will be presented in form of brief presentations as part of Musiktheatertage Wien 2018. Austrian Music Export cordially invites producers who are active in the field of music theatre to participate. There will also be a comprehensive programme of performances, networking events and discussions. Musiktheatertage Wien will take place from June 3 – 24, 2018.
What is „music theatre“? What is the relation between music, spoken word and other media? Are spoken words important at all? If not, will this still be „music theatre“? Contemporary music theatre productions question these issues, often in very different artistic and human ways.
Selection process and selected productions
The selection process was organized through a call on proposals. The panel, consisting of Guy Coolen (Operadagen Rotterdam), Thomas Desi (Musiktheatertage Wien) and Veronica Kaup-Hasler (Cultural manager), opted for productions, where music plays a significant role.
• Klaus Lang (Composition), Sabine Maier (Media Artist): „The Beautiful Square“
• Peter Jakober (Composition), Paul Wenninger (Choreography): „DINGEN“
• Cao Thanh Lan and Gregor Siedl (Composition): „The fifth cardinal direction“
• Siavosh Banihashemi (Composition), Bernadette Schiefer (Libretto, after an epic by Farid Nischapuri): „Vogelgespräche“
• Christian Diendorfer (Composition), Hermann Schneider (Libretto, after the novel „Die Wand“ by Marlene Haushofer): „WAND“
• Oscar Jockel (Composition): „Lob des Schattens“
• Emre Sihan Kaleli (Composition), Luz Lassizuk (Theatre Producer, Director), Yolanda Uriz Elizalde (multi-senserial Artist): „A Sensorium“
• Reinhold Schinwald (Composition): „mundtot“, opera after a prose work by Sophie Reyer, Hélène Cixous and Gina Mattiello
• Maxim Seloujanov (Composition): New Work
• Patrick Dunst (Composition), Fiston Mwanza Mujila (Libretto and Narrator): „L‘énfant qui grandissait démesurément“
To register for the conference please contact Doris Weberberger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Musiktheatertage Wien Programme on June 15 & 16
On June 15 & 16 MUSIKTHEATERTAGE WIEN shows the following productions:
Friday, June 15
- 20:00h: SONG FROM THE UPROAR: The Lives and Deaths of Isabelle Eberhardt
von Missy Mazzoli / Eutopia Ensemble / Genova Vocal Ensemble (USA/Italy)
Saturday, June 16
- 19:30h: RADAMES by Peter Eötvös, Austrian Premiere
DER FICUS SPRICHT by Gerhard Schedl
(Produced by NEUE OPER WIEN)
- 21:00h: COMEDÌA (INFERNO). Immersive Multimedia Theatre after Dante Alighieri
Et in Arcadia Ego / Giuseppe Sigismondi de Risio / Gabriele Duma (Italy)
- 22:30h: THE NUDE FRAME / FÜR REN HANG
Hang Su (China/Germany)
Please find the full Programme of Musiktheatertage Wien here.
Venue: Werk X, Oswaldgasse 35A, 1120 Wien